- FAIL – Update the campaigns for our discovery call process as well as our new customer onboarding
- FAIL – I want to start a customer tips/recommendation campaign that sends at least one recommendation on how they can use the service and things we can do for them. I have plenty of content but need to get that started.
- Month to Date Revenue –
- One Time: $6,749
- EMRR: $11, 581
- Total MR: $18,330
- A few notes on revenue too ( I’ve sold Mobile Marketing Engine and we got a customer from MME who owed us $4k, to pay half this month and paying half next month so those were two more infusions of cash.
- 1 New customer came on board
- I purchased membership theme will be using for the members area. We know what V1 will look like. We’re dialing in on April 1 for public launch and Feb 22nd to start getting existing service customers in there.
- Started updating our SOP manual but not exactly where I want it to be.
- I got one more blog post live
- Interviews – 8 interviews
- Client strategy sessions – 4
- Client Kickoff Call – 2
- Discovery Calls – 2
- Potential Facebook ad partners – 2 and one more today
- Most of my week was spent on calls as a result, my voice is shot.
- Interviews, strategy calls etc.
- I need to dial back the number of calls I take in a day
- I’ve been looking for a new coach and exploring a lot of options, talking to a lot of people and trying to determine what I really want. I’ve worked with coaches before and got results and doing my due diligence there.
- I had dinner with a friend last night who is a super successful entrepreneur and she actually became a customer while we were talking but she was talking about her hiring process and how she makes her employees take the Kolbe exam. And when I had hired Lisa, she sent me the results of her Kolbe and i didn’t do much with it so I decided ot take it last night and low and behold our results are 100% complimentary which I knew from experience but now that I dove into the results (and need to dive into them more) I feel I’ll be better at communicating with her.
- With that said, the candidates I’m interested in most, Ill have them take the Kolbe as well because I want to make sure we align well and that is now going to become a part of my hiring process for sure. I need to get the balance of the team to take it as well.
- Nearing complete on my 2nd book of the month and currently reading Scaling Up which is an amazing read right now and was recommended to be my Dan Martell for where I’m at in my business and really enjoying the book. It’s sort of the new aged version of the rockefeller habits which I also enjoyed. definitely a must read.
- Finalize my decision on who I’m going to hire (deciding between 3 people)
- 1 sales call with a prospect who I’d love to work with and it’s sort of a 2nd level sales call
- 1 Launch call with a new customer who is a close friend but has an amazing business
- 4 customer strategy sessions
- I need to spend some time making sure existing customers are being taken care of and some of the bigger project initiatives we’re working on are on schedule to be completed
- I really need to spend some time on the business
- Update the campaigns for our discovery call process as well as our new customer onboarding
- I want to start a customer tips/recommendation campaign that sends at least one recommendation on how they can use the service and things we can do for them. I have plenty of content but need to get that started.
- 1 more blog post
- FAIL – Start planning out our affiliate marketing strategy. Have a list of about 20 people who have contacted me directly about being an affiliate. In addition, my sales guy is telling me he has a few that have brought it up on his calls also. I think I’d like to get an expert on affiliate marketing and joint Ventures on the show one of these days soon.
- $8.3k MRR software revenue holding steady. We are going to have to look into new ways to track this unfortunately… as we have finally rolled out our per user pricing.
- After about a month of working on the per user pricing and incorporating it into version 2, I am excited to roll this out. Turns out this is about a third of the development of version 2 itself. Now that it is done, we’ve begun really diving into finalizing the feature set and everything that’s new for version 2.
- Signed up for Moz to start looking at a potential link building campaign by searching for links that our competitors have. Plan is to do some outreach to some of those sites to get them to link to us instead by creating updated/better content, or just providing an additional option.
- Spent a few hours on some R&D on our prospecting and email quality. This is going to be a continued focus.
- Signed up for Edgar, to take categories of tweets and keep them going out on a consistent basis. Looking forward to building up that content library and keeping it full. We are testing it also with our Monday, Wednesday, Friday graphics that we post in the Zero to Scale Facebook group.
- Had an awesome write up on The Real Daily about LeadFuze. Someone walked through the whole software and explained the services well. First time I’ve seen a full blown review by someone I didn’t know.
- Was asked to speak at the Email Success Summit through my personal blog. Some big names in the email marketing space are speaking. Normally, I would be like, “hell no” but this is an online event and its pre-recorded so I told him I’d do it. They had 15,000 small businesses sign up for this event last year I guess – so we shall see what happens there. It will be interesting, because most people are going to discuss email marketing whereas I’ll be going at it from a cold email perspective.
- I just brought on a new designer full-time! He designed our new app and did a great job with it. In addition, he’s working on our new website. Even though his profile said $28/hr, I know he’s from Bangladesh and I ran it by him to see if he’d be interested in coming onboard. He said he was just working on a few freelance projects. So I put out $1,200 and explained the position. He asked for a little better deal and so I said $1,300 and he was good with that. So it worked out. We eliminated one of our VA positions and I canceled a design service I was using which totaled $850/mo. Not to mention, I was going to be spending another $700 for the new website whereas now this is factored into the cost so we’re actually saving money month 1.
- Held a webinar with Tallwave and a sales manager from Outreach on the convergence of Sales and Marketing (aka “Smarketing”) which was interesting to do. The video playback is on the LeadFuze blog and it will be linked in the show notes.
- Overall – I have just had lots of people texting me and sending me messages about the Cardinals. Obviously, by the time this airs we will know if they are heading to the Super Bowl or not, big weekend!
- Prepare for new designer and get him onboarded
- Transition one of my VA’s more into a marketing role. Going to have her look for do some outreach for guest blog opportunities and also for link building opportunities.
- I want to plan out some webinars that I intend to put on – showing people how to prospect effectively and close more deals. It will cover messaging and also showcase the app. This will be my first time actually really diving into the webinar world, so I’m looking forward to that.
- Put in some writing team to finish up a few blog posts I had started
- Work with Dominic on the reporting functionality for version 2.
- Add a lot more of our old episodes into Edgar to repost in the future.
- Mobile Marketing Engine
- Zero to Scale Insiders – join us for just $19/mo!
- Email Success Summit
- LeadFuze Product Review
- Is Smarketing the New Normal (WEBINAR)
- Scaling Up (BOOK)
- If you’d like to take your entrepreneurial journey to a whole new level, join fellow “scalers” on the inside by joining the Zero to Scale Insiders program. For just $19/mo you get access to Justin and Greg and several other like-minded entrepreneurs who want to help you succeed in your journey!
- Be sure to join our free Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast.
- We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we’d love if you left one for us. 🙂