- I did not Coordinate a 15-min meeting with all clients however, I’m getting that going today.
- Email all those that have ever requested a consult and check-in and see if there is an opportunity.
- Edit the half day testimonial
- Write thank you cards to our clients/mail
- System.ly Revenue –
- MR: $27.2k
- We held our Annual meeting and I had the team in town for 2 days and we got a lot done. I had the whole agenda pretty dialed in and for the most part we got everything done that we wanted.
- Stepping up my email game and have had a few emails go out to my list and getting good feedback from those on the list
- I launched some FB retargeting adds for one of our Lead Magnets that drives to discovery call and currently getting $1.36/lead so going to keep playing that
- I’ve personally emailed/fb messaged about 35 people sharing the workshop with them and I’m getting getting feedback on the event and have a handful of applications which I have a few calls scheduled but I’m getting more responses like “oh man, do you have your dates for the spring” yet?
- An email to all of our previous consult is written and scheduled to go out but scheduled for later today because I have another email that went out this morning
- Recorded a quick video with the team over at PlusThis on 6 webinar hacks that I’ll be sharing to my list and using for content and we mention the Workshop so hopefully that drives some awareness
- Keep working contacts, my email list for the workshop
- Start identifying the tasks that I need to work on coming out of our annual meeting as Megan is organizing all of that in ActiveCollab
- I want to write 2 blog posts related to webinar funnels
- Do at least two facebook lives as i’m connected to a lot of people on facebook and the videos are getting good reach and just making people aware of me which is leading to more consults, therefore I need to keep stepping up my content game
- Finalize a script for our explainer video.
- LeadFuze software revenue is $29.9k MRR.
- The dev team and I had our sprint planning session on Monday. This was the first time we implemented it with the new team.
- Our lead engineer wants to organize two week sprints where we go through our Backlog and put estimates to issues.
- I prioritized the backlog.
- Then we went through the issue together to make sure we all understood them. We then voted on the story point estimate.
- Story points are sort of like an hour + difficulty score.
- Once we got to about 33 story points, we moved those over to the To Do column in Zenhub.
- The dev team will then start working their way down the list of the To Do column.
- We took it easy this first one so we could get a better idea of where our estimates should be and we’ll learn what our velocity is once we get going.
- This process took a couple of hours. I’m sure as we get more into a rhythm it will take less time, but I honestly feel it was time well spent. We could ensure prioritization and helps to get us all on the same page.
- Decided to use Sketchboard.io so that we could share and edit models and diagrams to help explain the flow of data for different issues as well. I’m also seeing this be my sketching app that I’ve settled on. I can use it on my ipad and I like it more than the others I’ve mentioned because I can zoom out and in for larger/more complex interfaces, as well as still share directly to slack or email.
- I’ve been really diving into content planning and creating a system that I think is going to work. I’ll dive more into the entire process in a future episode as I am currently hiring people for it right now and want to get it all executed first. Needless to say, I spent quite a bit of time interviewing and mapping out responsibilities for this process this week.
- I’m doing some coaching for a listener. We’re just kind of doing a month by month program to see how it goes. Basically, based on his budget, we’re doing 2 emails and 1 call per month. This past Monday was the first email he sent me about what he has going on, plans, etc. So spent some time there reviewing that and providing feedback/guidance. Shortly after he got his first customer, so it’s cool to be a part of his journey and to see the early success.
- Worked with our designer to finalize our future email reports as well as an update to our billing interface. This completes the design work for a couple months at least with regards to UI. Still need to do some tweaks to the website, but that’s mainly copy and some re-architecting on my end.
- I spent a couple days this week on creating the module for our lead gen course. In addition to the presentation and resources, I also wrote the accompanying blog post for last week’s module as well as this one which totaled out around 4,000 words between the two.
- It was discovered that an update we rolled out a couple weeks ago, actually introduced an error with our domain matching algorithm. This caused us to lead to a higher than normal bounce rate since the domains were not as accurate. Usually our domain matching is more than 99% accurate.
- Sometimes I’m jealous of products that don’t require so much third party data and algorithms. There are certain items where we roll out an update, but won’t know for 2 weeks or so if there’s something majorly wrong until we see enough support tickets regarding the issue.
- Whereas something like Trello they can roll out an update… does this button work? Yep… ok we’re good to go.
- Anyway, that’s been ironed out along with an update to our email gathering process which helps quite a bit as we’ve limited our reliance on some third party providers while also getting a little more accurate.
- I had my Founder’s lunch with Tim Conley and Vincent Nguyen yesterday. Always good to catch up and see what other people are working on.
- Have the lease in hand. Just need to sign it and send it and we’ll be good to go! We’ll be opening that in February.
- Maintained inbox zero!
- Lots of module work next week. I’d like to try and get two more knocked out, even though just one is on the agenda.
- Write the explainer video script.
- I’d like to start writing out some of the new website copy for the new landing pages for the upcoming features we’ll be rolling out.
- Heading out in a couple minutes to go see my son’s Christmas performance!
- Speaking of which, this is going to be our last show for a few weeks as we’ll be taking a break from this for the holidays!
- If you’d like to take your entrepreneurial journey to a whole new level, join fellow “scalers” on the inside by joining the Zero to Scale Insiders program. For just $19/mo you get access to Justin and Greg and several other like-minded entrepreneurs who want to help you succeed in your journey!
- Be sure to join our free Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast.
- We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we’d love if you left one for us. 🙂