- Missed 2 days of writing 500 words
- Lost one of my first customers
- MME Revenue: Current MRR Rate is $3371
- 2 customers gone (one from before just going into july is when it’s going to hit the booksSome website updates went live
- Contact forms that link to Infusionsoft sequences
- Kept pace of prospecting (10/day)
- 2 launch calls
- 2 Podcast interviews for MF
- 500 words every day
- Missed 2 days
- Joint webinar with a call tracking company
- = 80 leads that are now in outreach
- 1 Partner call
- retail vertical that I’m interested in personally
- 1 Presentation proposal
- Will likely go through I’m thinking
- Finalized pricing pages but need to make a few more website tweaks before I actually link to it.
- Started building out our library of SODs/SOPs following Taylor Pearson’s model
- Coming along really nicely.
- Prepared 2 podcast episodes
- 2 blog posts
- 3 potential partner calls
- 1 sales call scheduled
- 2 pending
- Mobile marketing Insider Group call
- Setup my.mobilemarketingengine.com for Insiders members area
- Prospecting – try to increase to 20/day
- Update my outreach campaigns a bit considering some of the new content I have
- Write 500 words a day
- I want to outline one of the guides I’m going to create
- Finish updates to the website
- Push Pricing page live
- Continue building out Standard Operating Documents
- written part being done.
- I’m super grateful for my mastermind partners
- Stepping away
- I feel like I’m just on the edge of figuring it out.
- Bob Parsons quote – “when you’re ready to quit, you’re closer than you think”
- I’m really in need of help from a project management level just not in the financial position to bring that on in the way that i’d like right now.
- From a business standpoint, I missed all of my goals due to the birth of my daughter on Wednesday.
- This means I didn’t write 500 words
- I didn’t work on new website home page
- Did lose two customers this past week totalling $1.5k/mo in losses. One was a $1.2k himself and the other a $300/mo. The $1.2k customer is in the process of hiring/training a new sales team. He may come back, but I think that customer is probably going to have the reps work on lead generation themselves. Our upcoming tools might be at play there, but who knows.
- 19.8k MRR – We were BRIEFLY over the $20k/mo MRR number until the $300/mo customer canceled.
- Still had a handful of deals from the previous week’s sales calls come through which gave us another solid gain overall from the $18.2k we were at last week.
- Had 6 sales calls total for the week. A few closed and I think another one or two will close soon also.
- I have had some comical communication with Sam Ames, the developer whole stole $1.2k from me. I’m getting my money’s worth in some of his email communication. I plan to write a blog post about the experience on justinmcgill.net. I think it will be a good lesson to share while hopefully warning others about him. He said two things that were hilarious:
- People don’t read blogs anymore
- Podcasts are so 1990’s
- I started using Cyfe.com to pull in key KPI’s. Plugs into Google Analytics, Stripe, social media, etc. I used Zapier to connect Drip. So I have a spare monitor set up to display this information.
- I put Michael in charge of analytics and subscriber count. As long as he’s focused on subscriber counts, the analytics will take care of themselves.
- Overall – the team did a good job keeping things afloat and progressing while I was out.
- Recorded an episode with Brian Casel of Bootstrapped Web which was cool.
- I did let go of one of my VA’s and replaced her.
- She just wasn’t getting things done and I constantly had to be on her about it.
- I already have 4 sales calls booked for next week with a couple more pending. I am probably going to be close to 10, but I’d really rather not because…
- I don’t want to work more than 4 hours in any day next week. This is going to be really tough for me. I look forward to our next episode where we discuss home/work balance.
- Then I want to start these goals from last week:
- Get the two website themes merged together and start working on actual home page of new site.
- Try to stand more while working. I have a standing desk and have not been taking advantage of it lately.
- Sleep when the baby is asleep!
Join our closed Facebook group for continuous discussion.
We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we do plan on asking here. We’ll share the ratings and reviews in the episodes as well. Feel free to email us when you leave a review with your business information and we’ll include it in our shoutout.
We are on Twitter – so follow us!
Want to leave a voice recording that we use on the show? Call in to our voicemail box here with your question!
Of course, you can always catch us on Stitcher and SoundCloud as well!