- Begin work on sales page and get webinar dates dialed in.
- Restart fb ads with new creative
- System.ly Revenue –
- MRR: $22,050
- September One-Time Revenue: $9000
- Closed another 2 package deal that resulted in another $3500 package
- Finish recording S2S 2.0 Modules and get them loaded into the new members area
- Finalize the website updates. Get the website into development
- Executed a kickoff call for an automation audit we’re doing
- Recorded a bonus interview for S2S 2.0 with Chris Davis and scheduled another with Bryan Harris
- Been onboarding our new team member Joe
- I’m re-working my daily routine including morning nightly and put together this document that i’ll be reading to myself everyday which is a hybrid of goal review, affirmations and visualization
- I decided that I’m not going to PartnerCon next month despite having a ticket
- Started working on outline for my speaking gig in Michigan in a few weeks
- Ordered my iphone7 plus
- Tie up all loose ends for S2S 2.0
- Work on sales page for S2S and finalize webinar dates
- Update webinar slides
- Restart ads next week for the the first webinar the following week
- Finish this client audit I need to work on
- 5, potentially 6 sales calls
- The website should go to dev
- We have our monthly automation advisor call
- Now that investor funds are in the bank, I actually want to go to the bank as well to see about opening up a line of credit. We won’t have this amount of funds in the bank again for awhile, so figured I’d try to do this now versus trying to do it later when we don’t have this now while we’re in a good position.
- Reason: Going to wait until November. We have a nice check coming from the AppSumo deal in October and so we’ll be in a better position at this point in time in my opinion.
- LeadFuze software revenue is $30k MRR.
- Not much movement here… had some signups, but also had some churn. Churn is mainly isolated to two things, which is nice and something we have plans for. Another nice thing about diving back deep into support and monitoring that is knowing that all bugs have been reported and are known. We just need to start knocking some of these things out and we’ll see churn become a little less of a problem.
- I think just as big of an update as the investors, is something I’ve been working on for awhile to improve our prospecting process. Basically, our goal is to not only automate this process so users don’t have to spend time prospecting, but to also give more filterable options. I can’t go into too much detail just because it’s IP related, but needless to say… the stars have aligned and this is going to be major. The investor funds help us sustain and get to this next phase, but this component is what will make this company extremely valuable in the end.
- Spent a lot of time finalizing this and working through a licensing deal.
- Then spent most of the day Wednesday mapping out what this will impact and change within the app itself.
- Then Thursday I actually whiteboarded what some of these changes will look like and reached out to my designer to start the process. In going through this process, I realized how this impacts several more areas of the app that I think can be improved as well.
- The prospecting process has been the second leader of churn, and this rollout should be a dramatic help.
- Had a call with PRX.co to see about drumming up some PR opportunities around the way we went about funding. I have another big piece that will be pretty easy to pitch in a couple of months. I can’t go into detail just yet, but anyways… wanted to see what the options were here to get started with this now. They’ve turned me down a few times for different ideas I sent them, so I like their vetting process. Sounds like we have something here with this angle, so we’ll see what happens.
- One person I was speaking with about eventually becoming our CTO and working in a part-time capacity with, I decided to move on from. Communication frequency just wasn’t where I would want it to be from someone in this role, and I wasn’t feeling comfortable about moving forward.
- That said, I did find someone else to work with in the exact same capacity initially. We’ll work together the rest of this year in sort of a part-time capacity and see how we work together. Should things go well, he’ll be relocating here to Phoenix.
- Continued to stay in a groove with support tickets and getting those handled in a timely fashion.
- Our newest developer joined the team this past week which was exciting giving his experience with Go. So we’re starting to get the team acclimated to the codebase and creating a good system for working together. So we now have a front end guy, a back end guy, and someone that will be overseeing it all. I’m looking forward to actually getting back into a consistent rhythm on the development side of things.
- That said, this takes an incredible amount of time and focus because when they have questions, I need to be able to know the answer. This takes a pretty deep level of understanding how the app works behind the scenes.
- Damian spent a lot of time finalizing our ZenDesk and Salesforce setup as well as calling previous trial users. We’re hoping this bears fruit this month as he gets through more of these calls.
- Get our new potential CTO up and running and starting to coordinate things with the dev team.
- I’m anticipating I’ll be spending most of my time working with the development team.
- Get first versions of some of the new functions designed. In addition, I have some more elements of the app that need some tweaking that I want to get wireframed as well.
- Want to do a full walkthrough of ZenDesk and SalesForce with Damian
- Damian is coming to town at the end of next week and we’ll be going to look at office space Friday. He’s here for a whiteboard session that weekend, but I guess that will be on my plans for the following week.
- It’s football season, which means it is time for some tailgating. Lets go Cardinals!
- Zero to Scale Insiders – join us for just $19/mo!
- If you’d like to take your entrepreneurial journey to a whole new level, join fellow “scalers” on the inside by joining the Zero to Scale Insiders program. For just $19/mo you get access to Justin and Greg and several other like-minded entrepreneurs who want to help you succeed in your journey!
- Be sure to join our free Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast.
- We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we’d love if you left one for us. 🙂