- Didn’t finish the onboarding campaign but started
- Month to Date Revenue –
- Feb One Time: $1000
- EMRR: $15,880
- MR: $16,880
- Had one sales call and they will most likely join in mid march. their in mid site re-design.
- Had a New client onboarding call
- Updated our Free consultation campaign. it’s about 90% done. I just need to record a video which I plan to do today so I can insert it into the email series.
- Did a brain dump of all the ideas I’d want to share for my talk at ICOn and pur them into more of an order but I wouldn’t say it is an outline.
- Continuing to work on migration and setting up Teamwork Desk/Projects.
- Had a few good team calls in which I was able to delegate more stuff and we created a few systems that will allow me to stay more focused on internal projects vs the day to day client related items.
- I went through most of this week pretty successful leveraging my new calendar blocking format.
- We’re looking to add some new layers of reporting for our clients.
- Had a call with a friend and owner of My Fusion Helper as they released a new tool that may help us with reporting for clients.
- Also got a walk through / demo of Graphly which I’m liking. I also have a call with dasharoo next week.
- We had our Zero to Scale blab which was super fun.
- I got interviewed for the Email Success Summit
- I had someone working on first round of our members area and received that this morning so need to review that and provide feedback as well.
- Finalize and launch consultation campaign
- Finalize Onboarding campaign for launch the following week
- Finalize my slides and practice presentation
- Write at least one blog post
- Biggest Takeaways of T&C
- Finalize an evergreen funnel for our client
- Continue handing off and delegating clients to Morgan now that she is full time
- Work on our SOP Playbook for at least 1 hour.
- At the time of this recording, I’ll have participated in the Cupid Undies Run, so if you donated to the cause, thank you so much for your support.
- Organizing a Founders Dinner
- FAIL – Get html/css for new website converted into a custom WP theme. – This is about 50% complete.
- FAIL – Try to finalize guest post approvals on Sales Hacker and Huffington Post. Sales Hacker is authorized, still waiting on Huffington Post. Probably going to have to follow up a few more times on this.
- $9.5k MRR on the software revenue. It’s $33.5k overall.
- Decided to use AccountDock for our receipt handling for version 2. They start sending credit card expiring notices 45 days in advance, send failed payment notifications, but most importantly put together pretty receipts that have some customizable areas. For example, we want to have an area for calls-to-action where we can push them to the affiliate program, upcoming webinars, etc.
- I use Mention to track mentions of LeadFuze so we can comment and engage when people mention us. I got a notification that someone posted a project on Freelancer.com to build an app like LeadFuze. I had to chuckle. It felt oddly flattering, yet it’s just a reminder of how many competitors are popping up into this space.
- Speaking of Mention, they also rolled out a Slack integration to push real-time notifications there.
- Signed up for PRX, an on demand PR service, but was informed they didn’t think they could get us featured. Probably a lot to do with how I positioned it – which was more of a re-launch than a story.
- We should probably get a journalist on to talk about being pitched – what they are looking for, etc. That might be a cool interview.
- Setup my whiteboard! It’s portable, and 72″ wide x 40″ tall. Going to use this with my green screen set up from time to time and make use of it for a lot of mock ups and notes.
- This is in addition to the 42″ x 42″ whiteboard on my wall. Can never have enough whiteboards!
- Been diving into live chats more and more this week. Trying to get to people quickly and also hear their feedback, concerns, questions, etc. Helps me to make sure our product is on the right path and keeps me in the loop with bug notices.
- I used to get bothered by handling it, but I think this had to do with a mindset shift.
- Some people are caught off guard that its me answering questions. I am torn a little bit if they know I’m the Founder and if they feel we’re too small for them.
- Anyways, we plan on bringing aboard a customer success manager to oversee all of this soon, but I want to continue doing this through version 2 launch to keep my thumb on the pulse.
- Started reading The Challenger Sale. First 40 pages are spent selling you on the concept, and it took awhile to get to some of the actionable content. That said, I think the profile of a successful sales rep is spot on.
- I know I plan on incorporating this concept not only into our sales training modules (which I’m going to be working on before building out the sales team), but also into our hiring process with specific types of interview questions.
- We held our first Blab this past Wednesday. Turns out we scheduled at the exact time Blab went down for 5 minutes and so we lost our initial subscription link. So we had to start a whole new one, but still had 70 to 80 people on it so that was cool. Very cool platform though that I think we could leverage a little more.
- I sent out an email to my list announcing it. This was the first time I sent out an email to my justinmcgill.net list in about 10 months. It was shortly after that email went out when I realized the justinmcgill.net site is down.
- I was freaking out and realized I was using a tool called TrueBill which allows you to one click cancel subscriptions that you have.
- Well, one of those was MediaTemple. I was originally hosting Workado and Self Made Marketer there, but moved them over to WP Engine awhile back.
- So I was thinking I forgot to cancel it so I ended up canceling it through TrueBill and wouldn’t you know… JustinMcGill.net was actually hosted there. So I lost all of it. Epic fail as it had plenty of valuable links and search rankings. I contacted them to see if they could restore it, but no luck.
- That said, I hadn’t been active on there – no new blog posts in about 10 months. I am going to rebuild the brand around Self Made Marketer, which is the title of the book I’ve had on the backburner for awhile.
- The posts that gained the most traction were about growth any way, so I think building it around that domain will make more sense… Very frustrating though as it’s all lost content.
- Lesson here is. use a backup plugin!
- Started going through the Advanced Marketing Course finally. Still in the early phases which is a lot about evaluating your foundation. New modules get released every week. I have 5 available to me and I’ve just gone through the first one so far. I’ll look to get through them all the rest in the next couple of weeks and try to keep up throughout the weeks as they are released.
- It is easy to sign up for a course and then not go through it. So need to not allow that to happen given I shelled out $1k for it.
- I purchased the Adobe Creative Suite just so I have access to Adobe Acrobat – which lets me edit pdf files (comes in handy for the Advanced Marketing Course), Photoshop – never hurts to have that, as well as Audition to learn some editing chops.
- We sent out a teaser email about version 2 coming soon. Heavily inspired by Drip’s teaser email which I thought was well done with a subtle screenshot. Got lots of compliments and excitement around it – though one person was not happy about the “vague” email. I don’t think he put two and two together with the image, but the whole point was to be vague at this point.
- Work on new demo videos
- Continue getting ALL done-for-you customers set up in the new software
- Revamp onboarding sequence for DFY and software customers
- Get website fully coded to WP theme
- Get all new content written for the new site with new screenshots
- I want to see about putting a press kit together – we’ll see if we have time. I’d like to have it when we launch v2 though.
- Coordinate the launch of a few announcements and guest blogs for post launch
- Complete the knowledge base – it is all setup and installed, but we need the content ready to go.
- Mobile Marketing Engine
- Zero to Scale Insiders – join us for just $19/mo!
- Account Dock
- Adobe Creative Suite
- The Challenger Sale – book
- Email Success Summit
- If you’d like to take your entrepreneurial journey to a whole new level, join fellow “scalers” on the inside by joining the Zero to Scale Insiders program. For just $19/mo you get access to Justin and Greg and several other like-minded entrepreneurs who want to help you succeed in your journey!
- Be sure to join our free Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast.
- We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we’d love if you left one for us. 🙂