Chris Ducker joins us today to talk about his online community, Youpreneur. Chris has designed this as a community of like-minded people that can come together to offer each other support and also hold one another accountable.
As he explains, the overall function of the community is broken up into two areas. One is the learning platform which offers interviews with Chris and other entrepreneurs, process blueprints of standard operating procedures and learning materials. The other side of Youpreneur features the community which contains private forums, places to brainstorm and offer support and accountability. Both areas will continue to grow.
Chris goes into depth on the development and ongoing plans for Youpreneur and gives his overall thoughts on online communities, including these areas of discussion:
- How Chris surveyed his audience to determine what type of community to develop and the pricing plan
- His VIP soft launch which included live broadcasts and virtual tours
- The tools he uses for Youpreneur
- His direct involvement in the forum and how he splits his time with his other businesses
- Tips and advice for entrepreneurs who want to start their own online communities
- Pitfalls to avoid in developing an online community
- Chris’s plans to grow Youpreneur
Chris explains how Youpreneur is his “one thing” and that he plans to be involved for the long term. Youpreneur already has 400 members and Chris has a target of one thousand members on a monthly basis. For entrepreneurs looking for support, Chris explains why Youpreneur is a solid choice.
- Chris’s Twitter @ChrisDucker
- Youpreneur Podcast
- Virtual Freedom Book
- Virtual Staff Finder
- Tropical Think Tank
- Chris’s Periscope broadcasts
- Rain Maker
Join our closed Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast. If you have questions on the specifics of a welcome kit, we’ll be around to answer.
We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we do plan on asking here. We’ll share the ratings and reviews in the episodes as well. Feel free to email us when you leave a review with your business information and we’ll include it in our shoutout.
We are on Twitter – so follow us!
Want to leave a voice recording that we use on the show? Call in to our voicemail box here with your question!