Rick Mulready is a self-taught Facebook marketing expert, coach, and consultant. With over 10 years of corporate advertising background and five years in Facebook ads, he was ready to start his own business in 2012, and is passing with flying colors.
Today we’ll be talking mostly about Rick’s top Facebook advertising tips, ranging from topics such as time management tools, to driving specified traffic, and appropriately targeting your content.
What we´ll be talking about:
- How Facebook ads work
- The biggest mistakes that people make when trying to get traffic and start out with ads
- Our experience with webinars and video testimonials for driving traffic
- Opt-ins, offers, and strategies to attract leads
- What a good cost-per-click and cost-per-conversion is
- Recommendations for tracking metrics
- Do´s and don’ts of targeting
- Facebook ads vs. Google ad words
Rick specifically covered the subject of how to use get your desired audience, and what route you should take to get there. He also emphasizes the importance of driving awareness to your business and your brand, and immediately offering your audience free content to make it more attractive and gain credibility for your page.
With as many years as Rick has in corporate and Facebook marketing, he definitely had some great advice to share.
Here are some of Rick’s top how-to’s:
- How small businesses can build a cool community
- How to be an expert at paid traffic
- How to drive traffic appropriately
- How to retarget your audience with video ads
- How to warm up consumers so that they keep coming back
- How to use Facebook ads according to your business path or career
- How to leverage Facebook to get in front of your target audience
Rick goes on to share more about his content strategy game, and emphasizes the importance of following Facebook guidelines so as to have the best advertising experience possible. So, if you want to avoid getting your wrist slapped by Facebook, check out their guidelines in the links below. He also explains how streaming workshops for beginners are an awesome starting point to your business. Whether you’re looking for a bigger e-mail list or more traffic, these workshops are the way to go.
Links and resources:
- The Art of Paid Traffic with Rick Mulready
- Facebook Ads for Beginners with Rick Mulready (Free online workshop)
- The Four Biggest Mistakes Businesses are Making with Facebook Ads
- Rick’s Twitter
- The Sales Lion
Join our closed Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast. If you have questions on the specifics of a welcome kit, we’ll be around to answer.
We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we do plan on asking here. We’ll share the ratings and reviews in the episodes as well. Feel free to email us when you leave a review with your business information and we’ll include it in our shoutout.
We are on Twitter – so follow us!
Want to leave a voice recording that we use on the show? Call in to our voicemail boxhere with your question!