- Missed 1 day writing 500 words
- Missed 1 day running
- worked late 3 or so nights this week (later than i wanted)
- MME: $3488
- New Biz: $798 ($2k+ in the pipeline)
- I went out to my network to get the feelers going.
- WIN: Get 2-3 clients in the next 30 days for this new offering
- 2 paying customers
- 1 verbal commit but starts in august
- 1 reviewing and determining next steps
- 1 discovery/sales call scheduled for next friday
- Wrote a job description for some IS help.
- Have 4 interviews scheduled btw today/Monday
- Went to a denver IS meetup group
- It was ok not sure it was super valuable for me or will be from a customer perspective but might start my own.
- Got interviewed for Zen Virtual Assistant Finder Podcast
- Result, he may know some IS people and he focuses on hiring Filipino Project Managers
- Got interviewed for a blog post about leaving your corporate job that will be on WeWork
- COMPLETE – Craft the value proposition a bit more
- In progress – Update the website accordingly
- Haven’t been focused on working on the site as I’m just hustling getting customers using email and skype calls.
- COMPLETE: 1 Presentation Proposal for MME scheduled for next week
- Waiting on feedback
- Had about 10-15 calls with Infusionsoft users in my network.
- Some big influencers that I may work with and some that have made referrals that have already become clients.
- Some that have shared me with their private communities and I have a few more prospects.
- Working on an indoctrination campaign for MME that introduces some of the other products we offer.
- Written 3 emails for that 7 email sequence I have planned which is already over 3k words
- Laid out the products and services better on the MME website
- Have 2 strong partner calls scheduled for mid to late next week
- Doing the work
- Creating some content for MME while I’m gone on family vacation in 2 weeks
- Hire someone to get started part time
- 3 discovery sales call scheduled for later today
- 3 other interested people from a referral
- Start outlining some SOPs for the new biz
- Some checklists of the information I need to get started
- A launch call checklist
- MME strategy planning for clients upcoming campaigns
- want to do something about the new biz website
- need to define a plan there.
Announcement: Worked on the Zero to scale secret project. Go to the Facebook group for details!
- I worked more than I wanted to – closer to a full 40 hours this week.
- Tough with us close to launching this software to scale back right now.
- 22.2k MRR
- Signed 2, but lost 3 customers this week. 2 of the 3 just finished their first month. It’s really been frustrating when customers give up after a month and 300 contacts since it just isn’t enough to judge anything on since we just don’t have enough data.
- We are planning to implement quarterly terms when the new site launches in a couple of weeks to account for this and we’re going to batch their leads based on a quarter fulfillment. I think this will help lessen the load operationally doing it in this fashion as well. We are still going to bill monthly, but they’ll be locked into quarterly agreements at that point.
- This definitely adds a barrier to sign up compared to the month-to-month, but we’ll have the software available for people that don’t want to make that sort of commitment. If they aren’t willing to go 3 months, it isn’t really ideal for us anyway.
- If things start slow for whatever reason, this allows us to make changes to their messaging or maybe help them with their sales execution.
- 5 sales calls
- It took me until Thursday to really dive into the site. I think I’ll be working on it more over the weekend. Now that we have things simplified with the offering, I don’t think it will be too challenging to make for our July 28th launch.
- This led to a couple full reviews of the software where I then had to make note of any bugs and point out things that weren’t what I was expecting. So I created quite a few new issues inside Zenhub this week.
- I’m at a point where I’m playing with the tool which is exciting.
- Still lots of kinks to iron out.
- I was hoping I could be using it today, but that just isn’t the case quite yet.
- We are probably a couple of days away.
- The two latest customers that have signed up we are going to use this new platform to compile their leads so it will be a fun test before the public launch on the 28th.
- Officially got the SaaS mastermind off the ground. I think it’s a pretty powerful group as it will be Ryan Harris who wrote SaaS Marketing Essentials, Patrick Campbell of PriceIntelligently.com, and Jordan Gal of Carthook.com and the Bootstrapped Web podcast.
- It is really going to focus on SaaS specific issues and I feel like now that we are launching the first software version of our software it should be super helpful.
- Also worked on the new Zero to Scale secret project. Looking forward to announcing this soon.
- Get the tool launched internally and start heavily testing it.
- That said, I want to work less than I worked this week so I can help out with some fatherly duties. I’m shooting for 30’ish hours as I feel that is probably a little more realistic.
- 5 sales calls
- Losing customers early in their campaigns left me feeling pretty frustrated this week. I think these are certainly times to evaluate what you could do different. I try and have the team take some notes on what could have been done differently, but I think it really boils down to me setting better expectations up front with people. I know I’ve started to mix into my sales calls that it really is going to take 90 days to get some good data, make necessary tweaks to the campaign based on that data, etc. The longer it goes the more refined we can get and ultimately the more success we can have. So I think updating the sales call process to incorporate that will help.
- SaaS Marketing Essentials
- Zen Virtual Assistant Finder Podcast
Join our closed Facebook group for continuous discussion.
We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we do plan on asking here. We’ll share the ratings and reviews in the episodes as well. Feel free to email us when you leave a review with your business information and we’ll include it in our shoutout.
We are on Twitter – so follow us!
Want to leave a voice recording that we use on the show? Call in to our voicemail box here with your question!
Of course, you can always catch us on Stitcher and SoundCloud as well!