- I’m falling behind on the copyhour assignments but still doing it so while I’m behind schedule and missed a few days I’ve still been doing it
- System.ly Revenue –
- MRR: $22,050
- October One-Time Revenue: $4500
- Got new ads up and running for my webinars coming up this week and now doing 2 webinars (one on the 11th and one on the 13th.)
- The 13th is also being promoted by a JV partner
- I updated all my webinar slides based on my coaches feedback and on the thursday webinar I had one sale at $1k
- I recorded about 7 videos that are going on the new website which should be going live probably within a week or so/
- I did a whiteboard video that I’ve been using as an ad that has been working pretty well and also helping create a warmer audience
- Finalized the agreement for our ICON sponsorship
- Two webinars this week
- Chris Ducker is in town and we’re doing an all day mastermind and then doing dinner together with my wife
- We’re also doing dinner with andy drish and nathan latka tuesday night.
- Finalizing all the videos onto our site so we can push the site updates live
- I’m going back into “think mode” on figuring out what content I can put together to drive traffic to so I’m creating a warmer audience
- Shocker, going back to content creation
- Got a wedding this weekend and then the following week i’m in MN for Converted conference
- Review office renovation options
- They emailed last night that they’ll have everything to us today for review.
- Going to see if we can get somewhere with our PR piece.
- Still no dice with this yet. Again, not much I can do, but going to see if I can follow-up personally with the people that expressed some interest.
- LeadFuze software revenue is $32.1k MRR.
- Developer decided to pass as he ultimately wants to start his own business. I’m looking for someone that is all-in with LeadFuze. That said, he made a recommendation to a lead guy on his team currently. I met up with him over the weekend though and he’s just a little too junior for what it is we need out of this person.
- This led me to go back to one of our part-timers who has been doing great and making a lot of great recommendations to figure out what we could do to get him full-time. He’s from Turkey, but we’re going to try and get him here on a Visa next year.
- This is inspired by Jordan Gal of Carthook, but we are in the process of planning a trip to Turkey where the three of us will work together for a week and then we’ll probably fly him here again when we open our office for a week or two as well.
- He’ll be coming on full-time in the next couple of weeks. He’s in the process of offloading his current projects and will begin ramping up to full-time in the meantime.
- Rolled out a major update to our reply detection. Finally! Still have a second level update we need to make to help this even further. This was done by the part-timer we’re making full-time and so certainly a confidence booster for sure.
- We began our server move to AWS. Had a $2800 AWS bill this past month, plus we’re paying for Azure right now until this move happens. Going to see what I can do here from a cost standpoint to get this down a little bit, but not sure what the options are just yet.
- Data agreement is finalized. This is a rather large expense, but it will be game changing for us. Pretty soon we’ll begin the process of implementing the data set.
- I blocked out a couple days to take a deep dive into our website and content efforts. I’ve discovered a few more technical SEO related things that I cleaned up. I also added some additional content to a couple pages and posts where it was light. Spent several hours going over technical analysis and reports and then optimizing things further.
- In addition, I contracted with a developer that specializes in WordPress page load times. I’ve used him in the past, but this newer version of the site hasn’t gotten that level of treatment before. We’re now at a 93/100 on mobile and 94/100 on desktop.
- With some fixes and speed improvements, we should continue to see search ranking improvement.
- On Thursday I dove into our content situation. Basically, just taking inventory of everything we have. Not just blog posts, but looking at our email funnels, lead magnets, and content upgrades as well. Next, I plan to more thoroughly outline what we need to do next for each of these elements.
- Right now it is spread all over the place from WordPress drafts, to Google Docs, to Evernote, etc. What I’m probably going to do is just take the pieces that are written and get those published or figure out a plan for them. Then just dump all of the brainstorm type things we have and just start fresh.
- Damian has made more progress on our sales and customer success playbook using a mind map format. I used to do this all the time myself, but have gotten away from it. I used to have a subscription to mindmeister in fact. Definitely a brainstorming tactic that can work, and especially the case when the project is large and daunting.
- I finished the mockups that we need for our next major release. We’re calling it version 2.5. So that’s everything on my end for our designer. Designer and I then finalized five more screens with mockups and what not. Still have about 10 more to finalize yet. Hoping we can mow through those this next week.
- I wanted to finalize a new case study and I got that done. Took a bit to get it nicely formatted, but it’s good to go now. I also had another older one that I cleaned up as well. So one is for a digital marketing agency and another for a B2B service provider. So this gives us some good sales collateral to use in follow-ups.
- Maintaining inbox zero which is a good feeling.
- Outline our content marketing plan and prioritize which pieces of content need to be done first.
- Get a complete document together outlining the new version of our system in its entirety which will help ensure the developers and I are on the same page.
- Figure out a plan for managing our new data set, which will fuel our prospecting engine as well as how we’re best going to append additional data and manage the updating process.
- Finalize UI designs and have them ready for html/css coding by next Friday.
- Review Office floorplan notes and keep the negotiations going forward.
- Book our trip to Turkey to meet with our developer.
- Zero to Scale Insiders – join us for just $19/mo!
- Facebook Ad Text Checker
- If you’d like to take your entrepreneurial journey to a whole new level, join fellow “scalers” on the inside by joining the Zero to Scale Insiders program. For just $19/mo you get access to Justin and Greg and several other like-minded entrepreneurs who want to help you succeed in your journey!
- Be sure to join our free Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast.
- We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we’d love if you left one for us. 🙂