- Only fail is a crappy webinar
- System.ly Revenue – $32,549
- MRR: $23,549
- September One-Time Revenue: $9000 (hopefully closing a $6k package deal)
- The event with General Assembly was actually really good. Some good conversations from a variety of entrepreneurs that are building software companies and raised money (either VC or angel) and then 2 bootstrappers that have built large successful agencies.
- The biggest takeaway is that across these 4 entrepreneurs and even ourselves…we all have our own way of figuring things out. Our own journey. But the feelings and challenges…the ups and downs…we all go through them and as entrepreneurs it often creates a common bond.
- A recurring topic was the personal life sacrifices that were made, especially early on, such as not spending time with certain friends and even filtering out the wrong people in your life (you’re average of the 5 people you spend your most time with).
- Completed a client audit
- I had interviews for 2 podcasts and a summit
- I hosted my webinar which was a disaster from the beginning.
- I locked in a booth at ICON 2017 for System.ly which I’m pumped about.
- I had a few sales calls one of which was with a client that went through S2S and we’re waiting for them to sign which could be another $6k (would be cool for it to come in today)
- The other 2:
- 1 was not the right fit and i ended the call early
- 1 was a potential partner. Essentially a system.ly but for ontraport
- 3 client strategy sessions
- I had an epic 3 hour long coaching call and we broke down my webinar cuz as I mentioned it bombed. It bombed for a lot of reasons:
- Totally was changing things last minute
- Wasn’t ready with slides or order forms (at least as ready as I should have been)
- There were some technical difficulties
- I wasn’t in the right mental space and when I listened to the replay my energy seemed so low, BUT,
- I have a shit ton of notes from my coaching call and i’m ready for the next one where I’ll be better framing up the offering and know where I can improve. As well as dialed in my messaging a bit better for my ads.
- I signed up for CopyHour – a copywriting intensive program that i’m excited about. I’m a few days into that and really want to dial in my copy skills so I can bring that to my programs and clients as well. And just for myself with my ads and email copy.
- I joined EO – Entrepreneurs Organization and really excited for that being that it’s a denver chapter and will help connect me to more successful people in the denver area that are trying to get their business to a million in revenue.
- We got back the website updates from the developer this morning so I need to review all that and see if there are any updates that I need to make
- Lastly, the office i’m in within my co working space is temporary and the third floor where I’ll be moving should be done Feb 1 so I got to pick a space I’ll be moving to and going to grab a 3 person office and i’ll have a lot more windows and natural light so i’m excited about that opportunity.
- It’s my 2 year wedding anniversary on the 4th and my wifes bday on the 9th.
- Get a new set of ads live For Monday for another thursday webinar
- Update my webinar slides for the Thursday webinar
- I have to record about 7 videos that will go on some specific pages for the website. They should be fairly easy but I need to script them first so I’m tasking myself with scripting them first and then filming so my goal is to get the copy done for those by this time next week at the least with hopefully four recorded.
- I got a handful of meetings, some sales calls, some partnership / networking opportunities with influencers.
- Continue working on copy hour – it’s about a 30-60 min commitment per day
- I have to move out of my house for at least 2 weeks so this weekend need to move my clothes to my inlaws
- And tonight, I’m driving to montrose colorado with my buddy and we’re doing a dirtbike moto guide in the mountains and i’m super pumped for that and heading back tomorrow night so can’t wait for a day of fun and just clear my head and get some good photos.
- Next friday i’m participating in a charity golf tournament here that my buddy is putting on which should be fun
- Fix at least 2 bugs from the app this next week
- We’ve actually just solely focused on our main bug which is with our reply detection and we are nearing a fix here which is exciting, though fell short of the specific number.
- Get placement on our PR piece
- Again, no luck with this yet.
- We’ll be putting together a playbook for upcoming sales and support staff
- Notes and some outlines are prepared, but we’re a ways off from having this finished. Need to get this more dialed in though.
- LeadFuze software revenue is $31.5k MRR.
- Got away from Inbox zero for a week or so, but was able to get back to that point Monday and stay there the rest of the week, though I’m flooded at the moment as I haven’t gone through emails yet this morning.
- Continued to pour more time in the new UI mockups of the upcoming LeadFuze release. Got 6 more screens finalized on the design side. This means we’re about halfway through now. I sent about 8 more over to the designer I had worked on. I have since finished up the final three we need for the new version. Still more to do, but that’s going to wait.
- Some more changes with the team this week. We weren’t getting the type of content production I was looking for and so I had some heart to hearts and basically we mutually decided to part ways with both of the people we had working on content. For right now, I’ll probably take over this responsibility at the moment while I keep my eyes peeled for a content rockstar here locally at the beginning of the year.
- I went onsite to the office space we’re looking at to do a walkthrough of what we want done. From there, they will be putting a budget together for everything and I should have that next week. They then responded to our counter proposal. They initially were going to give us 3 months free on a 5 year lease and those three months were at the beginning of each year. They also said a $5 per square foot tenant improvement budget on a 3 year lease, but that it was a little more open on a five year. So we countered with 5 months free and all upfront and several other little things. They countered with 4 months free and all upfront and also a $15 per square foot budget for tenant improvements. Our commercial broker is going back to them now with the 5 months free/upfront as well as a $20 per square foot allowance. I’m not budging on the glass walls and doors for the office spaces and some of the other things we want. I’ll budge on the exposed ductwork and new blinds though. We’ll still need to get through the 2 years of financials hurdle as well, so still not counting our eggs just yet. I do think we’re a lot closer than I had anticipated they would be in their counter so that’s good news.
- Mentioned last week about the local developer that passed the interviews. Well, I was able to meet up with him locally Wednesday night. We got together for about two and a half hours and I was thoroughly impressed. Hashed things out with Damian as far as what we could offer and sent that over to him yesterday. Told him I would like to have an answer by the end of the day Friday so we’ll see. Hoping we can come to terms and he’ll be our lead guy. Came away so impressed though that I’m essentially offering him a seat at the table.
- So I mentioned negotiations with our potential developer and the office, the last bit of negotiations has been with one of our new data providers. They’ve been super easy to work with though and pretty much letting us set our own terms. My lawyer reviewed the agreement and had a few more items to cover that I’ll be working on this next week.
- I have the investor update email written, just haven’t sent it yet as I’m waiting until the end of the day so I can get the most recent numbers and I’m hoping to hear back on the developer hire as well.
- Refocus our content marketing efforts and map out not just blogging content, but guest blogs, content upgrades, email funnels, and more.
- Going to keep my eyes open for a content rockstar that’s either here in town or willing to move here at the early part of next year. I want more from them than just content though. I’d like them to be a growth hacker type digital marketer that can really get their hands dirty. So we’ll see how that goes. This will be a few months out yet though before I really start to look into this.
- Finalize plans for a new developer
- Finalize data provider agreement
- Review office renovation options
- Going to be a guest on the BootstrappedWeb podcast.
- I’d like to finalize one of our case studies that we’ve had prepared for awhile. I want to actually get this live on the site.
- Going to see if we can get somewhere with our PR piece.
- Zero to Scale Insiders – join us for just $19/mo!
- General Assembly
- ICON 2017
- Entrepreneur Organization
- BootstrappedWeb – Podcast
- If you’d like to take your entrepreneurial journey to a whole new level, join fellow “scalers” on the inside by joining the Zero to Scale Insiders program. For just $19/mo you get access to Justin and Greg and several other like-minded entrepreneurs who want to help you succeed in your journey!
- Be sure to join our free Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast.
- We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we’d love if you left one for us. 🙂