- I did not Finalize the outline for our master followup sequence and start writing at least 1-2 of those emails
- System.ly Month to Date Revenue –
- MRR: $20,342
- 2 sales calls
- 1-3rd round sales call
- Waiting for a new one to submit payment (should be this week)
- Ended the relationship with two clients and a third is most likely on the way. We have a plan to start reaching out to a few clients that we believe we’re losing money on and giving them an offer to stay on and I’m going to revisit a few of them and pre-pitch our course and see if they want to pay $99/month for our weekly automation advisory calls but wondering that that’s not a good idea if that should be separate if I want to continue that…
- We’ll probably be transitioning away from another client as well
- Posted the Account Coordinator Position and got a handful of responses. Interviewed the top 2 candidates and extended an offer to one of them.
- Waiting to hear back.
- Got our new pricing live on the site and I feel better about it
- We had a good kickoff call with one of our new clients using a modified presentation to set the tone, talk about how they’ll be brought into Teamwork and that we’re not really a helpdesk and the call went really well.
- We discussed internally what we’ll be saying yes / no to and it’s in the process of being documented
- Finalized outline for the modules/lessons that will be in our course
- Wrote another blog post for this Tuesday
- Joined JLD and EOFire for their Podcasters paradise group hangout to talk podcasting
- Flew to Vegas Thursday and had a nice dinner with Chris Ducker and then on Friday night, myself, Chris Ducker and Joel Comm all went to see Sir Elton John perform which was a lot of fun.
- My snapchat story was off the hook and I added a bunch of new followers when Joel told his community to follow me.
- 1 sales call
- Meeting up with a local entrepreneur for happy hour Tuesday
- Going to meetup with a college friend for a rockies game this week and apparently he has seats above the dugout
- We begin moving our clients into our project management software this week so my focus is going to be on that for most of the week and make sure that goes smoothly.
- Finishing a client project where we’re cleaning up their tagging structure
- Proofread and make any final edits to the blog post
- Start onboarding our Account Coordinator assuming they accept the position
- Kickoff call with one of our new clients
- And because I failed on it last week, Have a 90 minute block to Finalize the outline for our master followup sequence and start writing at least 1-2 of those emails
- Go live with some of our new onboarding updates to prospecting and pre-populated email sequence templates
- Finish creating all of the email sequences that we had from people who signed up this week
- Offer to do this for people going forward on a Professional or Rainmaker plan, but time it based on their sign up date. So the idea here is to replicate the deadline element and provide that sense of urgency.
- Get our webinar ready. We want to look at driving some paids ads to the webinar.
- LeadFuze software revenue is $19.2k MRR.
- Submitted the app to userinput.io to get some feedback on a user’s first time experience. You can also use that site to get feedback on your website or mobile app as well. You get 10 different people to review your site or app and it only costs $29. Definitely a worthwhile service to get some outside perspective.
- Added several sales blogs to my Feedly account. When I find articles that I plan to add to the SliceOfSales.com newsletter, I leave a comment on those blog posts to let the author and the readers know. My hope is to start building some relationships which can lead to guest blog opportunities and also bring some awareness to the Slice of Sales newsletter.
- We extended the copywriting offer to a few new communities this week, which led to some more sales. It was an offer in the Dynamite Circle as well as for my Self Made Marketer and JustinMcGill.net lists.
- Got our Google Page Speed results up from 33/100 on Desktop and 31/100 on Mobile to 89/100 on Desktop and 87/100 on Mobile. I also noticed we weren’t getting hardly ANY traffic from Bing, so I went through their Google Webmaster Tools and submitted the site there.
- Came up with a new use-case for LeadFuze. I basically set up 3 new sequences to send specific messages to certain users based on their sign up dates and their last sign in date.
- So, I have an email and a series of follow-ups going out to people that tried the software, but haven’t logged in since we launched version 2.
- Then, I have a different sequence for people that signed up for version 2 up until last Friday.
- Lastly, a third sequence that I add people to every day which is just new signups.
- The reason I am doing it this way instead of through Intercom or Drip, is because I can send it from my personal account one-to-one. This means it comes off much more personal than if I were to have an email marketing message. This makes it easier to get conversations started.
- These campaigns will be starting up this week, so we’ll see what that does in combination with our bonus offer for the week.
- Sent myself 19 emails over a two day period with just a bunch of random ideas on growth, onboarding, retention, content, development, and sales. Took me a few hours on Thursday to just go through them all. I organized and prioritized all those notes as well just based on where we’re at, or as Greg would like to say, what “season” we’re in.
- Considering getting a loan to expedite the new hire and to dump some money into a paid campaign.
- As we’ve been transitioning to the software and away from our done-for-you service, the revenue dropped below expenses.
- This will be the second month of running negative. We’re getting back close to break even now, but a $25k to $30k loan will allow us to make the new hire and invest some more into marketing out of the gate.
- Decided to go this route for now as it’s just much easier than trying to raise money and will be fairly easy to pay back based on our growth rate at this point. Still haven’t ruled out going the VC route though.
- Lined up a few awesome interviews for this podcast which I’m pretty excited about.
- Need to get back to posting content on a regular basis. We have a few blog posts in draft and we need to get the Sales Manager Playbook podcast going consistently.
- We’re going to roll out a one week offer next week where anyone on our list will get double the prospects on any plan for life. This is in an effort to get to $22.5k MRR by our next weekly update.
- Speaking to a paid ads consultant this week. We’ll see how that goes, but I want to start looking at getting a paid ad campaign performing optimally out of the gate versus us having some expensive lessons to be learned.
- On Friday I will be helping my grandma with her business by setting up some formal sales processes and showing some people on her team how to use LeadFuze.
- Lastly, it’s the NFL Draft this week. I’ll be shutting down early Thursday and Friday for that. The draft is my favorite time of year.
- Zero to Scale Insiders – join us for just $19/mo!
- Slice Of Sales Newsletter
- Customer Success
- Podcaster’s Paradise
- Chris Ducker
- Joel Comm
- Sales Manager Playbook Podcast
- If you’d like to take your entrepreneurial journey to a whole new level, join fellow “scalers” on the inside by joining the Zero to Scale Insiders program. For just $19/mo you get access to Justin and Greg and several other like-minded entrepreneurs who want to help you succeed in your journey!
- Be sure to join our free Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast.
- We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we’d love if you left one for us. 🙂