Today we are talking about the seasons of business. Greg and a friend went out for drinks the other day and they were discussing their businesses. Greg’s friend had a business coach who told him to look at his business like there are business seasons.
Entrepreneurs have a vision of what their business will look like in the future, but they can’t conduct a business like it is in season 10 when the business is still in season 2 or else they will skip all of the foundational steps.
What are all of the little things that have to unfold as a business progresses? Both of us are transitioning from season 1 to season 2 of our businesses. We want to make sure that we aren’t jumping the gun and working ahead of where we should be.
Thinking of a business as a show, we may have a loose vision of what we want the business to be, but we can’t do those things until we take the first steps. Having a goal of 20k a month may remain the same, but the seasons may need to be rewritten to get there.
- Paid ads may not be a good idea for customer acquisition and growth right out of the gate
- Paid ads can be used for finding out what customers need and research
- Know what your goal is, if it traffic what are you going to do with that traffic
- There is an appeal to being the go to InfusionSoft help desk, how to continue to add value without being InfusionSoft go to help desk
- Slowly evolving the team according to the season of the business
- Find little steps to take each episode to get business close to goals and vision
- Keep evaluating and improving the process
We would love to hear what season of your business you are in. Join us in our Facebook group and tell us about whether this has resonated with you, and whether you have been taking actions in the wrong season of your business.
- Zero to Scale Insiders – $19/mo to join fellow like minded entrepreneurs
- Mobile Marketing Engine
- If you’d like to take your entrepreneurial journey to a whole new level, join fellow “scalers” on the inside by joining the Zero to Scale Insiders program. For just $19/mo you get access to Justin and Greg and several other like-minded entrepreneurs who want to help you succeed in your journey!
- Be sure to join our free Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast.
- We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we’d love if you left one for us.