- Complete 2 more video recordings for project packets
- This means making the slides and scripting what I want to say – REMEMBER WE FLIP FLOP
- I’ve fallen off my morning routine and yoga schedule the last week and a half and feeling pretty guilty about it
- System.ly Month to Date Revenue –
- Mar One Time: $3000
- $1000 was a partial payment for my speaking fee in September in Michigan
- EMRR: $18,544
- Mar One Time: $3000
- This week has been a bit of chaos as one of my account managers has been on vacation but putting in a few hours and they are on for a few hours today and the other is off for a long weekend so I’ve been involved in solving a lot of client tickets that has eaten up a lot of my time.
- I had 3 client strategy sessions
- 1 to review upcoming plans and projects
- 1 was more of a working session which was a new concept for me
- 1 was to review a funnel as we get near to launching it
- I had 6 scheduled consultations
- 1 closed
- 1 waiting to hear on next steps
- 1 had to reschedule
- 1 later today
- 1 reviewing plans
- I had coffee with a local entrepreneur who used to be an assistant to the client we lost. We didn’t realize we were both in denver and frequent the same coffee shops so we talked shop and got to know each other to explore any potential synergies.
- Later today I have a call scheduled with a close friend’s wife whom was previously working for a big time entrepreneur that is a ninja with IS and we’re going to explore possibilities.
- I finished the job listing and posted it on facebook, upwork and a local CO site called Built In Colorado.
- I’ve received about 30 job applications for the Executive Assistant and my day today is blocked for reviewing those and start sorting through those for round 2
- I also may try this north american VA matchmaking service that was recommended to me if I’m not thrilled with the candidates i received.
- I got ONE blog post written and scheduled for this coming week to go live
- On Tuesday I picked up my new motorcycle and rode for about 3 hours and am seriously in love with the culture already. Then we got hit with the blizzard of 2016 and got about 2 feet of snow which means no riding. It’s been 50 degrees the last few days so the roads are drying but we may get a little more tonight/tomorrow so I’m just hoping it’s not too much as I’d love to get on the bike this weekend.
- Our Japan trip is fully paid for (minus some expenses while we’ll be there)
- Complete 2 more video recordings for project packets
- This means making the slides and scripting what I want to say
- Get through enough applications and interviews for the Exec Assistant position to get closer to making a decision
- Onboard a new client
- Start a job posting for Account Coordinator position
- Get another blog post written
- FAIL – Next week we are also working on a few things for me as super admin. It’s a super admin sprint, so I’m excited for this.
- Basically, I will have a dashboard for all of our done-for-you customers that allows me at a glance to see all of the statistics versus needing to log into each account individually.
- This is one of several new things I’ll have at my disposal after this next week.
- FAIL – Start looking for a SDR – going to look either in the Philippine’s or Eastern Europe.
- Damian Thompson wants me to go to Eastern Europe because of the culture in the Philippine’s is to not challenge people and just accept a “no” so we’ll see how it goes.
- Plan is to just have them prospect and set appointments.
- Going to go with a more traditional SDR > AE > CSM path
- LeadFuze’s revenue for our software right now is $11.2k MRR.
- I was out of town through the weekend, so Monday was a day to get caught up. Came back and realized my out of office message dates to run weren’t changed. I updated my email message, but didn’t set the dates so people felt I was just ignoring them I guess.
- Finished up adding all the screenshots for a couple of guest blogs I had already written. I sent those over to the people who requested them, so hopefully those will be live soon.
- Was interviewed on the B2B Growth podcast which is cool. It’s hosted by James Carbary and he has just been such a raving fan of not only LeadFuze, but Zero to Scale as well. It’s cool to connect with people like that who just get it.
- Letting go of our sales rep. $30k in sept and we’re close to that now. Looked at what I paid him over the production and its just not there. We need people that are hungry… right now he’s been spoon fed inbound leads and not even doing any prospecting to trigger his own outbound emails. So this just isn’t working.
- Started doing some outreach myself actually so the process of me taking over sales for a little while has already begun. I’ll be handling it for the most part going forward.
- I signed up for Richard Patey’s done-for-you webinar creation service over at FunnelEngine. I’m going to use this to create an automated webinar which will serve as a great educational piece as well as a how-to for the software. I am going to direct most people to this instead of doing demo calls so we’ll see how that goes.
- I also removed the “Services” page from our main navigation to hopefully be able to focus more on the software itself. The plan will be to include a “Want to see a demo?” option on the site and have that take them to a landing page with the automated webinar.
- Launching a weekly newsletter at SliceOfSales.com. Every week I read a ton of sales related articles so I figured doing a weekly curated newsletter of the very best pieces will help people learn and improve their sales skills. It’s going to include sales hacks, tips for hiring and onboarding, compensation, case studies, and more. So if that’s something you’re interested in, sign up for the newsletter at SliceOfSales.com. I had this on the back burner for the better part of a month.
- Had a guest post go live on Pagely going behind the scenes on our journey from 0 to $30k MRR. My author bio also had a link to SliceOfSales so this is real now. I will have another guest post going live next week on Hubstaff.
- Saw Batman vs Superman last night and I must say, if it wasn’t the worst movie I have ever seen… it is definitely in my top 3 of worst movies.
- Start preparing new sales process and officially take on that responsibility and then start preparing a new sales training document
- Finalize everything I need to do on my end to get the webinar / demo done with FunnelEngine
- Instead of raising prices, what we’re going to do is require quarterly payment upfront. So I need to create those packages and get that added to the website as well. We’re also going to remove the list build only service. So it will just be two plans that are completely done-for-you.
- Going to start sending a monthly, “What’s New in LeadFuze” email blast at the end of every month. So this week we’ll be sending that out as well. I’m excited, because we have cleaned up so much the past couple of weeks.
- Zero to Scale Insiders – join us for just $19/mo!
- Dark Sky
- Horkey Handbook
- B2B Growth Podcast
- Slice of Sales Newsletter
- If you’d like to take your entrepreneurial journey to a whole new level, join fellow “scalers” on the inside by joining the Zero to Scale Insiders program. For just $19/mo you get access to Justin and Greg and several other like-minded entrepreneurs who want to help you succeed in your journey!
- Be sure to join our free Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast.
- We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we’d love if you left one for us. 🙂