- FAIL – Blog post – T&C takeaways
- FAIL – Blog post – Why your lead magnet sucks.
- FAIL – Master Followup series for System.ly (outline) but started
- Month to Date Revenue –
- Mar One Time: $0
- EMRR: $16,879
- I was at ICON Tues-Friday
- Got to have dinner and drinks with Justin as well as Kyle from our Insiders group
My presentation at ICON went really well despite having a crappy speaking time of 6:30pm.
- Got to have dinner and drinks with Justin as well as Kyle from our Insiders group
- I had a lot of great feedback from the audience and even heard that it was being talked about by some other
- I organized a little dinner with some good peeps as a part of my homework from my coaching program and will definitely be doing it again. Had some good peeps in attendance like my team member Lisa (who i met for the first time). A client The Betty Rocker, Chris Davis, head of automation of leadpages, Jason Swenk who is a speaker and info marketer for agencies and Amanda Bond who is a badass FB strategist and Keith Krance the host of the perpetual traffic podcast by DM and fb expert.
- I finally met Lisa and we had a handful of great conversations about the direction of the company and things we can be doing better and it was just super great to get to spend time with her in person
- I decided that I will be hiring some sort of assistant. Ideally an Executive Admin (which could evolve to the COO)
- 90% finished with onboarding campaign
- Lisa and I actually spent some time working on it together while at the event
- I have a handful of new emails I need to write after having it mostly built out.
- The evergreen webinar we launched for our client is already off to a great start and showing great results.
- We had a New client Kickoff call
- Worked on SOP playbook for an hour and have my assistant helping out with that
- SumoMe Emails for personal site.
- Went up into the mountains on Friday straight from the airport and got in a day of skiing and a night out with some friends in Breckenridge which was great and much needed for me.
- I find that getting into the mountains really helps me clear my head and not think about work unlike just taking breaks while still in the city. I think I need to find ways to do that more.
- Finish onboarding campaign
- The emails I have to write
- One video
- A keynote presentation that we’ll use for our kickoff call
- Finish Mission Statement and Core Values to share with the team
- Organize and plan our team effort to create our new project packets for each major type of project we’re working on
- Documentation, videos, checklists etc.
- FAIL – From Previous Week – Work on new demo videos
- FAIL – From Previous Week – Revamp onboarding sequence for DFY and software customers
- FAIL – From Previous Week – I want to see about putting a press kit together – we’ll see if we have time. Putting this off for now.
- FAIL – From Previous Week – Coordinate the launch of a few announcements and guest blogs for post launch
- FAIL – Complete the knowledge base – it is all setup and installed, but we need the content ready to go
- $10.4k MRR on the software revenue
- Worked over the weekend to get the website prepared for Monday’s launch. As of Monday morning I still had two pages of fixes that needed to be implemented!
- When I wasn’t working on the new site I was going through the app testing everything that was being fixed or updated. QA is tough when you’re a perfectionist.
- We somehow managed to pull it off. We had a call early in the morning to determine if we were going to go live or not. We all decided that by 1pm MST we would be ready. Well, it didn’t launch until about 7:30pm MST, but it did get launched.
- Of course, just because we launched late Monday didn’t mean Tuesday was smooth sailing.
- This update introduced a slew of issues when it went live. Because of course it did. So most of Tuesday was spent repairing those issues and getting things into a workable state. Definitely a rough day as I felt we lost quite a bit of momentum.
- While the team was ironing out issues I was fielding most of the support tickets.
- I went back through the site and got it optimized for SEO purposes. I also had to install a 301 redirect plugin to get all of our old blog posts formatted properly and pointing to their new URL’s. This also had an impact on existing pages. So this was a lengthy process for sure.
- A trailing / versus no trailing slash is also an issue to watch for. I forgot about that, so had to update htaccess to account for that as well.
- The context switching all week long between support tickets, our dev chat, working on the website, dealing with design projects (which required both creating the plan for the design + often providing feedback). All this happening all throughout the day really hindered my
- Interestingly, a lot of this had to do with a third party data provider being down. We had assumed it was on our end due to the massive changes we made to the system. That was certainly part of it, but the majority of issues with prospecting and getting results back into our system was a third party provider.
- Due to this issue though, it ramped up our efforts on overhauling the email gathering process.
- I signed up for Help Scout for their simplicity and their integrations, combined with the help desk feature.
- Our help desk got completely overwritten when we migrated from staging to live – which totally set us back.
- I like the idea of having a managed support inbox so we can better track responses.
- This will be helpful for when we bring on a Customer Success Manager. So if you’re listening and this suits your skill set, feel free to apply. We’ll link up the Careers portal in the show notes. I know I’ve had a couple people interested in the past, but with our new application process I’d encourage you to reapply.
- In addition to launching the new website and the app, we also rolled out a new podcast. Michael, our Copy Chief, is actually hosting it.
- It is targeted at sales managers and discusses things like hiring, compensation, training, motivation, messaging, etc. The name of the podcast is “The Sales Manager Playbook” so check that out if you’re interested in growing and managing a sales team.
- He launched with it initially not having any sort of intro or outro, so I made him take those down and re-upload so that we had at least a little something versus such an abrupt start/end.
- Should be a good podcast though. The goal is for it to be a go-to source for people that are in our target market.
- Spent some time over the weekend getting the development sprint ready for this next week.
- Should be an exciting week as we’re making a major update to something we haven’t touched in a few months which is our email validation.
- Excited to get it rolled out and updated as it should increase the number of verified emails we track down pretty considerably.
- Outside of this update, it will be a lot of smaller bug fixes now that the most of the larger one’s are out of the way.
- So by the end of this week it will be an amazing time as we should be sitting real good with the app.
- From Previous Week – Work on new demo videos
- From Previous Week – Revamp onboarding sequence for DFY
- From Previous Week – Coordinate the launch of a few announcements and guest blogs for post launch. I wanted to wait until things were a little more steady before we did this, but we’ll be ready for it this week.
- Create landing page copy and setup LeadDyno for our affiliate program. I am hoping to have this launched Monday.
- Create demo videos for the website as well as some more videos for the knowledge base
- We have a handful of people that have applied for our Customer Success Manager position through our Careers portal. I’m going to go through those resumes and then one’s that look good, will be getting an initial 3 question survey from me. I will then see those answers and determine who will get to actually do an initial screening interview. Those that make it past that point, will then be given a full interview. I’ll share more about this once I go through it, but this is the plan.
- Reach out to potential affiliates and those on the waiting list to get them signed up
- I am going to be meeting with Michael, our Copy Chief, this week. He is coming over Thursday so that we can map out our content drips and have cleaner automation engine running.
- Mobile Marketing Engine
- Zero to Scale Insiders – join us for just $19/mo!
- Drift Daily
- LeadFuze Job Opening for Customer Success Manager
- The Sales Manager Podcast
- If you’d like to take your entrepreneurial journey to a whole new level, join fellow “scalers” on the inside by joining the Zero to Scale Insiders program. For just $19/mo you get access to Justin and Greg and several other like-minded entrepreneurs who want to help you succeed in your journey!
- Be sure to join our free Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast.
- We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we’d love if you left one for us. 🙂