- Finish this damn Application page / funnel discovery session page/campaign
- Event in December was a bust for many reasons
- System.ly Revenue –
- MRR: $24,499
- That’s gonna change at end of month (we’re saying goodbye to two clients)
- November One-Time Revenue: $6500 (added a $2k strategy half day for a client in the denver area)
- Moving forward I’m going to just report on Monthly Revenue to Date at time of recording
- MRR: $24,499
- Landed one new client on our recurring plan
- Recorded a video walkthrough as an update to our Webinar Funnel Blueprint so now all i have to do is review email copy and push it live.
- Designer finished updating the lead magnet situation and i’m reviewing that today to push that live this week
- We’ve been reviewing every PM tool out there and trying to make the right decision for ourselves
- I went to Dan Martell’s Boardroom event in Moncton Canada from Wed-Sat night including travel.
- Hands down one of/if not the most impactful workshop I’ve been to.
- Personal news – Sarah and I are having a baby. We obviously have known and we’re in the 20th week so excited for all the things to come in regards to prep for that and Sarah will probably kill me if she knew I was sharing this on the podcast so it’s a good thing she doesn’t listen. 🙂
- Put finishing touches on Webinar Funnel Blueprint campaign and push live
- Reviewing the photos with my photographer from my photoshoot
- Map out 2017 plan based on Dan’s workshop notes
- Review notes from Dan’s event and bucket action items based on priority
- Review my Profit first model
- Finalize our clients Active Campaign beta project
- EO Learning Day Thursday
- Hopefully finalize the decision on our Project Management tool which has been an ongoing discussion.
- G men on Monday night!
- Didn’t map out all content creation needs through the first quarter just yet. I’ll revisit this in a few weeks.
- LeadFuze software revenue is $30.8k MRR.
- The product update stopped the bleeding! We should start seeing this go in the right direction now.
- We had a major update which entailed moving our infrastructure to AWS. In addition, there was an update to the extension we needed to roll out by Monday. This meant the dev team and I worked through the weekend to get things tested and ready.
- Between the server move and the major update to the extension, there were just so many moving parts to make this go effectively.
- Sent out an email to active users in the last 30 days. We’re going to wait to email our entire list until we have a few more fixes ironed out and we want to share some additional news as well when the time is right.
- We also had to migrate our entire database over from MS SQL to Postgres which was a monster task since we ended up needing to rewrite all queries as well.
- Next step here is to optimize all of these queries so they are less database intensive, but we’ll save this for another day.
- On Tuesday my main focus was to get more of our 2.5 documentation converted into Github issues. I was able to completely finish that process which is a huge relief.
- I had a coaching call with a listener that went well. He’s going to do some more customer development to validate the idea and keep me posted on the progress. Always flattering to be able to pass along some of the knowledge you’ve gained.
- On Wednesday I was starting my dive into content planning. One of the things I wanted to do was map out events and holidays so we could angle some content around it when I had the idea of writing a piece on the current election. I tied in how Donald Trump used sales strategies to win the election. It was an unbiased view as I had no rooting interest myself, but wanted to attempt a little “newsjacking”.
- I spent about 4 hours promoting the post with a content promotion process I had outlined a couple weeks ago. This allowed me to finalize what our content promotion checklist will be. Here is a checklist of sites and resources for promoting your content:
- Add Click to Tweet to individual posts
- I schedule about 10 to 15 different posts into Buffer, then add it to my Edgar library to continuously recycle through
- I repost the content to my LinkedIn profile and Medium
- I’ll share it to relevant LinkedIn groups as well
- I’ll share it to some tweet exchange type networks like JustRetweet, ViralContentBuzz, Flauntt and CoPromote
- I’ll look to add it to different newsletters that might be relevant like SaaSclub, Foundora or Foundersgrid (which is a $99 fee).
- I add it to sites like ClosingCall, GrowthHackers, Inbound, Flipboard, Firespotting, Zest.is, Quuu (premium)
- Ideally you want to reach out to influencers BEFORE the post is written to get quotes and tips from them. Then you can more easily go to them after to try and get them to help spread the word. This is much different than usual influencer marketing which is just reaching out to people after the fact whether you included them or not (which is much less likely to be shared).
- Find relevant blog posts to comment on
- Find relevant Quora questions to answer
- Outside of this, I’m looking into more options for syndication. Syndication is when other websites will automatically post your new content. You have to have a track record for this to be an option.
- The nice thing is I am going to have Buzznami roll all these services into their done-for-you content promotion service so we can wash our hands of this responsibility at LeadFuze.
- So the office space situation has taken an interesting turn. We were at the finish line, but based on some of the contractor bids we’ve received our broker was sensing the deal was going to fall apart.
- He ended up having lunch with an owner of another building that’s actually a walk away from this one and is already built out almost EXACTLY like what we are wanting. We just need a couple offices built and it’s good to go. We’ve been going back and forth and the personal guarantee level, free months, etc. but we just finalized a Letter of Intent.
- Best part is, since it’s already basically built out, we’re only needing to do a 3 year lease and they’ll still build out our executive offices which is the only thing we need. LOI for this is signed, and I hope to get the actual lease signed in the next week.
- I went to a showroom in downtown Phoenix to look at some furniture concepts which was really interesting. Definitely don’t want the old stale cubicles and so we’re looking to see what the options are for the space.
- I did a couple interviews this past week. One was about radical transparency and will eventually be featured on a site called TransparentNation and podcast that highlights other Founders of transparent companies.
- Another was with our good friend Brian Casel who is putting together a training program for content marketing and the interview was for him to use for that.
- We’re recording this on Monday morning. So as soon as we’re done, I am finishing up packing and heading to the airport. I’m flying to Turkey and come back Saturday. So we might have to record again next Sunday as well.
- It’s going to be a few intense power work days to really focus on the new version of the product, map out the onboarding experience, and just ensure we’re on the same page.
- We’ll be focused on the new version of the product and going through all the plans there. Going to talk through a little more of the future vision of the product as well just so our dev team is in alignment there. We’ll map out onboarding emails and put more into our sales and customer success playbook.
- A podcast listener from Istanbul reached out when he heard me bring it up a few weeks ago so I’m going to try and meet up with him one of the days I’m there for a dinner or something.
- Finalize office situation. I’d like to either have a lease signed for the space.
- Zero to Scale Insiders – join us for just $19/mo!
- Foundersgrid (paid).
- Quuu (paid)
- If you’d like to take your entrepreneurial journey to a whole new level, join fellow “scalers” on the inside by joining the Zero to Scale Insiders program. For just $19/mo you get access to Justin and Greg and several other like-minded entrepreneurs who want to help you succeed in your journey!
- Be sure to join our free Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast.
- We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we’d love if you left one for us. 🙂