- Didn’t get second blog post started
- System.ly Month to Date Revenue –
- MRR: $28,041
- Sales for course ($5970 revenue) but 2 might be joining
- Overall we had a great month between MRR, the course sales and we’ve had people buy a handful of software through us like graphly and Spiffy order forms which actually put this months revenue just over $37K.
- Next month won’t be as pretty as we’re losing a little over 3.5k of MRR due to a few clients not continuing for various reasons. Some were clients we said goodbye to but a few weren’t really good fits.
- Got a blog post written
- Finished my training slides for our week 2 training and they came out real good.
- The call went great and the Q&A call went real well too.
- I also had a handful of 1-on-1 calls with our pilot members
- I got my agenda planned for my all day session with my business coach
- We officially brought all of our clients into our membership site to access the tutorials.
- The rest of my week seemed to get sucked away I feel like. I was pulled into a lot of team conversations and dealing with little support items here and there which felt like it took up most of my time.
- Week 3 of Pilot program so I have to prepare and lead those calls.
- My schedule is pretty open and my plans are really going to be based on the outcome from my all day session with my coach as i know there will be a lot to do.
- Had to postpone a partnership due to app issues
- Didn’t record webinar
- LeadFuze software revenue is $31k MRR.
- I was out until Wednesday and then Damian left Wednesday for MicroConf Europe. This, coupled with a fairly large multi-seat user cancellation hurt the revenues this week, but still ended up positive overall.
- We have a sponsorship there where Damian will be talking right before the lunch break. In any case, excited to see how that goes.
- Before heading out of town, I got down to Inbox Zero. There always seem to have a handful of emails that are always sitting in my inbox. Things that don’t require any urgency. For example, a course I’m in with new modules… or a new community I’ve joined with getting started links. These sorts of things tend to stay in my inbox for weeks at a time until I’m super motivated to go through them… and that always happens when I’m going out of town. Love the feeling of leaving and having no emails.
- I completed the landing page for the business card URL. Kept this really simple with an email capture. Start to finish I was done putting this page together in about 8 minutes using ClickFunnels. Love it. People that get the business card and go through the demo will get 50 prospects for their free trial instead of 20.
- Some changes to the team this past week. We let go of our junior developer. We were just having too many issues with regards to code quality and so Dominic was spending too much of his time fixing things. To a point he just felt it was no longer beneficial. Never easy to do these sorts of things, but we have to move quick and the product has advanced to a point now where we really need to focus on quality. In addition, I let go of one of our virtual assistants. Without our done-for-you service, I was trying to just find things for her to do that I thought could help… but it just wasn’t worth the monthly expense. The cost savings of these two changes are certainly beneficial as well, but this was more about cleaning up the team. I really just want to focus on bringing on A players going forward.
- We launched our new FAQ which is now much more in-depth. Brittany spent a lot of time getting this all setup and then myself, Damian, and Michael all added to it. This should help our support queue and onboarding process.
- We had some major issues this past week as we attempted a database migration to increase the speed of the software. As we’ve grown, the scalability has become a concern. Unfortunately, that didn’t go as smoothly as hoped and we had a few days of craziness. I guess somewhat luckily, I was on vacation those days.
- We talked with Amazon AWS and they have someone that they recommend to use for migrations and ongoing management which we’re going to strongly consider so that Dominic can more so just focus on development. I’ll share the details on this if we actually move forward.
- Because of these issues, we ended up delaying one of our partnerships a couple of weeks. The other we had scheduled for this week went live. It was with a company called $99DollarSocial. We’ve used their service for months and so it was something I felt comfortable recommending. This led to a slight bump in trial signups, but not as much as we expected.
- Going forward, we have one more partnership announcement we will be making to our list, but most likely we will be looking to find unique offers for potential JV’s where we aren’t constantly emailing our list. It’s good to do once in awhile, but probably want to limit this to a once per quarter thing.
- Signed up for Moz and SEMrush accounts. I wanted to really dive in and find out what happened to our Google traffic after launching the new site and I’m pretty sure I identified why.
- So I went through the site and started to optimize things completely and then we’ll be going back through and optimizing our blog posts. There’s a ton of low hanging fruit across several of our blog posts. One in particular ranks for 173 different sets of keywords and the post isn’t even optimized. Another post ranks for over 60 keywords and same thing.
- In addition to the deep dive into SEO, I also installed Visual Website Optimizer to start doing some split tests. I’m excited to see how this goes. First test in particular looks to be about a 3% increase in clicks.
- Lastly, I mentioned last week we were considering raising funds. Well, we did decide to move forward with this. We have a couple of commitments already as well totaling $100k. We plan to raise $200k or so. I’ll share more on what we plan to do with the funds once everything is finalized. Goal is to raise enough where we won’t need to raise again, while giving us the launching point we need now.
- Unfortunately, it isn’t as simple as sending over an agreement and them sending us a check. Had a great talk with Jordan Gal of Carthook just about us raising these funds. We’re going to have to get lawyers involved, refile the business as a C-Corp, get a few different documents together with lawyers like a term sheet and suitability document, promissory note and purchase agreement, etc. Looking at UpCounsel right now. It’s like Upwork for Lawyers. Super helpful actually.
- More updates to website for SEO purposes. Michael will be going through all of our old blog posts.
- Record webinar
- Figure out lawyer situation and start process of re-filing paperwork
- Brittany is going to be working on a webinar specifically for LeadFuze customers which shows advanced use cases. Tentative plan right now is to run one on Tuesday’s to cover prospecting and another on Thursday’s to cover outreach. This should help churn and help customers get the most out of LeadFuze so I’m excited to roll this out.
- Dominic is going to be traveling much of August, so this is going to be a pretty hectic month from a development standpoint. Hopefully, this next week we are able to iron out the server migration.
- Zero to Scale Insiders – join us for just $19/mo!
- Visual Website Optimizer
- Asshole to CEO – Tucker Max Blog Series
- If you’d like to take your entrepreneurial journey to a whole new level, join fellow “scalers” on the inside by joining the Zero to Scale Insiders program. For just $19/mo you get access to Justin and Greg and several other like-minded entrepreneurs who want to help you succeed in your journey!
- Be sure to join our free Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast.
- We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we’d love if you left one for us. 🙂