- Failed on Have an application page/process setup as well so that I can run ads into that…it may be a webinar or video training and then retargeting for direct to funnel discovery.
- I did get a lot of it setup but not where I was hoping to be
- System.ly Revenue –
- MRR: $23,449
- October One-Time Revenue: $13,500
- 2 more course sales ($2k)
- 1 Webinar Package ( $5k):
- LeadPages Converted Conference was a lot of fun. I spent some quality time with Pat Flynn, Caleb Wojcik, Derek Halpern, Tim Paige, Steve Kamb and many more friends.
- I had a chance to get to know Laura Roeder a bit better from MeetEdgar as well as Amanda Holmes who is the CEO of Chet Holmes and she had a pretty good talk.
- Also played some ping pong with the the guys from SamCart, Brian Moran and his brother Scott which was awesome.
- So overall, it was a good time and I achieved my goal of building some stronger relationships, including just getting to finally meet Derek Halpern in person as we’ve spoke before but never met face to face.
- I launched a few more ads for Thursdays webinar, some of which worked and some of which didn’t but with being away I didn’t spend too much time trying to optimize so overall it was a small registration number for the webinar but we did generate one sale and I’m pretty confident we’ll get one or two more in the followup.
- Later today I have my first EO meeting which I’ll share in next weeks update
- I had a couple of sales calls where I pitched something new because the prospects weren’t using Infusionsoft and both interested in ActiveCampaign and I’m confident I can get some sales from that.
- On a personal front the framers on our house have gotten a lot of the framing done so this morning Sarah and I were able to kind of start seeing how big the rooms will be an everything and our garage starts getting built November 7th which will be about 5 weeks.
- I’m on vacation with Sarah so outside of reading I got no plans.
- However, I’m still holding my S2S office hours call
- And I’m finalizing details with my photographer for a photoshoot for new headshots etc that i’ll use for fb ads
- Outline our content marketing plan and prioritize which pieces of content need to be done first.
- LeadFuze software revenue is $32.9k MRR.
- Completed all design work on the new version of the app and also got that to our html/css guy. Got word from him that it will be completed this weekend.
- Did some follow-ups on a couple older potential deals as well as with some integration partners that we haven’t announced / rolled out yet. Just wanted to let the integration partners now that we still have plans to roll it out and promote them, but that we’re working on new version of the app first. This just helps us continue to build our list for them anyway. For example, last month we had over 600 people sign up for a trial. So at this rate we’ll have an extra 2,000 people to promote them to by the time we launch.
- Got our data set with over 75 million records that we’re going to go through and look at appending additional data to.
- Spent some of Tuesday and most of Wednesday mapping out exactly what the data management process is going to entail on our end. Can’t get into too many specifics here, but basically mapping out how we’re going to fill in missing data, append additional data, add records, and handle updates.
- The office space terms have been finalized and agreed to using an LOI. Next up, is a financials review. This is where things could go off the rails, so we’ll see how things progress here.
- Did a lot of admin type work on Tuesday. Whether it was collecting financials, to signing things, etc. It can be surprising sometimes just how much time is spent on basic admin related things that ultimately have to come through me anyway at this point. Not like I have a VP of Finance.
- Had a Founder’s lunch on Thursday that I do every third Thursday. Then afterwards, I actually met up with a couple of Golang developers. They’re working at a company currently and our outside of our price range at the moment now that we’ve hired our developers, but I want to have a solid pipeline of go-to developers so that we aren’t ever in the position we were just in this past month.
- Booked my trip to Microconf! They are doing two versions this year. One is for new startups to focus exclusively on getting launched. The other conference is for growth stage businesses. I’ll be at that one from April 9th through the 11th in Vegas. If anyone is going to be there, hit me up at firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s always a great time mixed with awesome learnings that you can take home and immediately implement. I’m excited to see familiar faces. Damian will be going with me this time as well, so going to get more out of it I think having both of us there with our own takeaways.
- Maintained Inbox zero again this week.
- Got my iPhone 7+ last night. During the week I had been growing accustomed to the iPhone with my loaner phone. I hate the screen size since the loaner was a 5SE and so small. But now that I have the bigger iPhone 7 Plus I feel much better. Been in the process of getting apps installed. I want to try it out for a week and give it a full shot. Otherwise, my plan is to go with either the new Google Pixel XL or the LG V20. I saw the V20 at the store and instantly fell in love with what they call the second screen concept. It reminded me of the side panel on my note edge since it has a panel across the top and a separate one at the bottom where you can place apps that will always stay on screen. The camera on the Pixel XL is best of class though so I’m a little torn.
- Cardinals win, and finally looked like the team I expected us to be. Monster game on Sunday night this weekend against the Seahawks. Can’t wait.
- Outline our content marketing plan and prioritize which pieces of content need to be done first. I’ll probably need to dedicate a day or two to this.
- Map out all the content that will need to be changed on our website to highlight new features. We’ll have an all new sign up flow as well that needs to be accounted for.
- Email blast to AppSumo users reminding them to upgrade. Especially before the new version goes live and prices increase.
- More design work for things that will be after V2.5 goes live
- Zero to Scale Insiders – join us for just $19/mo!
- Product Hunt
- Converted Conference
- If you’d like to take your entrepreneurial journey to a whole new level, join fellow “scalers” on the inside by joining the Zero to Scale Insiders program. For just $19/mo you get access to Justin and Greg and several other like-minded entrepreneurs who want to help you succeed in your journey!
- Be sure to join our free Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast.
- We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we’d love if you left one for us. 🙂