- I didn’t get to work on the 2nd blog post but the first is done.
- A couple fuckups to say the least with a client
- God does service suck sometimes
- System.ly Revenue –
- MRR: $25,038
- We took one client from a half day session and upsold him into one of our plans.
- I’ve made some updates to the copy for the Master followup campaign and that campaign is ready to go and i’m testing it today and that will be locked in today.
- The epic blog post is complete and it’s about 5k words. We had a nice lead magnet designed and I built a campaign in Infusionsoft to deliver that which connects to m y new master followup sequence. I’m not putting it as a fail yet cuz it should happen today just waiting on one creative tweak to the lead magnet from the designer and the ads should start running later today to that post.
- Week 5 of the S2S pilot program is in the bag and got our final week next week and i’ve been getting more good feedback on things to add and remove from version 2.0 from the pilot members
- Re-Recorded the video that’s on our consultation page and one of the videos that gets sent in that email series leading up to the free consultation
- My Retargeting ad that drives to consultation is ready and i’m actually going to start that on Monday.
- I got the website creative round 1 and things are looking good but we have a fair amount of revisions
- Monitor these two ads and test a couple new audiences
- Finish the slides for week 6 training call for S2S
- I’ll be making an offer to all of those members to get into our Advisor program so hopefully next week we’ll have a few more clients
- Start organizing/ blocking time for the following week to re-record many of the modules of S2S
- Work on the next blog post that we’ll be driving traffic to. We have a lot of research already done and I need to start crafting the content around that.
- Currently have 4 sales calls
- Get the website revisions into our designer for round 2 updates.
- Going to spend time really focusing on data gathering on companies and prospects. We rely quite a bit on various third parties, but I’ve started to piece together a system where we’re going to be in more control of the data. This will ultimately make us MUCH more valuable while at the same time allowing us to do a lot more from a customization and filtering standpoint.
- Ultimately wanting to do this when we have someone in place to head up the dev side.
- LeadFuze software revenue is $30.3k MRR.
- Now that the dust has settled on the AppSumo deal and us reaching out to customers, I’m expecting that we’ll be making some progress on this number going forward.
- I was able to get the webinar setup inside of EverWebinar. FunnelEngine also helped get the basic email templates together that I could re-write and then got everything connected to ClickFunnels. I’m excited to roll this out. I will probably be doing a test run this upcoming week and then plan to get something scheduled for the following.
- We ended the AppSumo deal a little early. We used up the coupon codes and have completely shut that down. We ended up at 1,500 sales. I’ve been responding to several chats and we still have a ton outstanding. Nearly 85 tickets open at the moment. Majority are for the same one or two issues though and users are aware that we’re working on them. Needless to say, this has been a big time sync for sure.
- The 1,500 sales should be a nice $20k check coming in a couple of months and we have plans for those funds.
- Those funds will most likely be going towards an office space! Damian and I have been talking about him moving to the Phoenix area at the beginning of the year so we can really focus on taking this thing to the next level. I’m a firm believer also that salespeople need to be under one roof, and I think in general companies are stronger when working together in the same offices. The culture is MUCH easier to build and much stronger. I am realizing this more this month than ever before.
- I mentioned Dominic was leaving us, well… unfortunately Brittany is as well. She is impacted healthwise when it comes to stress and this AppSumo deal really put her over the edge just due to the volume of customers and support tickets that were coming through. So she’s been sick and then she had some unfortunate family news come and so she’s having a hard time right now.
- I mention this to reinforce that I think when you’re remote, it is easier for people to leave since there isn’t a STRONG attachment to the team. So, our future hires are going to be local. The only one where it might not be is for development resources.
- I see the pros and cons of fully in office and fully remote and I think my ideal environment would be Monday, Wednesday, Friday in office with Tuesday’s and Thursday’s being optional remote days.
- Good thing is though that Brittany set the table and got processes in place for customer success. So the next person we bring in, will be more of a roll up the sleeves and get it done kind of a person.
- At the end of the day, I have to lead the team through the stressful times. This is definitely one of those times.
- I have had several conversations with prospective developers this week. I actually reached out to one here locally and we met up Thursday night for a happy hour to discuss the opportunity. We’ll see where that goes. I actually have some good candidates that I’ve been in talks with and I think we’ll be in a good position here soon with multiple people joining the team.
- One of our users has a marketing podcast and wanted me to hop on and do a video podcast so we recorded that this week.
- We finally have all the legal paperwork done and over with and those contracts were just sent over to investors. Once those funds are in, we’ll be able to immediately hire the development resources I’m discussing things with now.
- Damian and I implemented a daily call to discuss bigger level initiatives. This is almost like a daily mastermind session between the two of us where we talk through things impacting the business. One discussion topic from this week is that we need to take our support game to the next level. I’ll share more on this as we make some decisions here.
- Our organic traffic has doubled and nearly tripled after a lot of improvements to that side of things the past few weeks. Exciting to finally start seeing some of the benefits. It is tough though to nail down precisely the reason since the AppSumo deal definitely has impacted the organic traffic a bit. That said, we’ve seen noticeable jumps in keyword rankings so I know that is a factor as well.
- Went through a webinar for Zenefits to evaluate some group health insurance options.
- This should help us in recruiting and just taking care of our employees. Definitely going to add some expenses, but I think it will be worth it.
- We started running group demo’s this week via EverWebinar. Damian sees some opportunities to improve that and he’ll be working on those so that we can make them more instant.
- Do a test run of the webinar with our team and then get something scheduled for the following week.
- Get the actual live webinar scheduled and look to start driving facebook ads to it.
- Want to get a dev in place next week. Might not necessarily be the CTO level, but someone that has the dev chops to really start making a difference.
- We’re going to be taking a closer look at our existing support and sales processes now that we’ve had somewhat of a process up to evaluate and see where we can make some improvements. I think we’re going to be looking at utilizing some old reliables here for these two areas though.
- We are working on a killer piece of content that I’m hoping we can finish off next week. Remember, we’ve changed how we do content to really focus on epic 3,000+ word pieces.
- Implement on-demand demos of the product through EverWebinar.
- I want to investigate 401k and group health insurance options and hopefully be able to move forward with that once funds come in as well. This will help entice new talent to join the team as well.
- Zero to Scale Insiders – join us for just $19/mo!
- Sales Force
- If you’d like to take your entrepreneurial journey to a whole new level, join fellow “scalers” on the inside by joining the Zero to Scale Insiders program. For just $19/mo you get access to Justin and Greg and several other like-minded entrepreneurs who want to help you succeed in your journey!
- Be sure to join our free Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast.
- We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we’d love if you left one for us. 🙂