- Not writing
- System.ly Month to Date Revenue –
- MRR: $27,541 (1 new client on our Advisor plan)
- Spent 2 days with a client in SD for an intensive which I’m experimenting with and think I have a nice little framework I can now put together for how these sessions will go moving forward.
- Hosted a founders dinner in SD which was with 7 awesome people and plan on continue those.
- New client kickoff call went great
- Hired our new assistant and had some onboarding calls with her
- Emailed me list and going back and forth with about 8 people on our beta program
- I got my workouts out in in the mornings
- Finalizing my webinar slides and get my fb ads up to start running Monday for a webinar on Thursday of next to try and get more people in the beta
- Continue onboarding my new executive assistant
- Going to steamboat CO for the 4th with Sarah and a group of friends
- In-app onboarding updates
- New prospecting updates not yet live
- LeadFuze software revenue is $24.9k MRR.
- I listened to several calls that Brittany held with prospects and users and worked through some minor suggestions. She really nailed them. Just having her send me one’s where she had questions or wanted feedback specifically.
- Read Samuel Huelick’s ebook “The Elements of User Onboarding” which gave me some good ideas for how to update the website actually, as well as some ideas on how to handle different aspects of our onboarding.
- Monday the Diamondbacks had an early game – so I laid in bed and worked from the laptop while watching the game which was nice. During this time I created a series of 29 issues in Github that are all tied to onboarding. This actually took several hours to compile, which is why I had waited for so long. It accounts for several questions users have had as well as several issues that were pointed out when one of our listeners sent me an hour and a half video of him going through the app and talking out loud through it.
- Updated our blog page to show recent posts. We have an endless scrolling ability so as you scroll down it will show older and older posts. We were just showing 3 columns of up to 3 recent posts, recent podcast interviews and recent infographics. We turned that area into a Featured Posts, Featured Interviews, and Featured Infographics so we can flag the more helpful or more epic pieces of content at the top.
- Had a call with Close.io and PandaDoc about the webinar we’re going to be putting on together next month. We put some dates on paper and discussed a rough marketing plan for it. I’ll share more about the promotion of it when we begin that process.
- The day after the call, I got started putting the actual webinar itself together. This webinar I’m putting together is actually our master webinar that we’ll be using in a more automated fashion later. I’ll be using part of this webinar though for the group webinar next month with Close.io and PandaDoc.
- I put together our product roadmap inside of Trello. This is so that Brittany has a better understanding of what we’re looking to do long term, and can even refer customers to it as well. Trello has a voting feature and with labels we can organize based on priority, votes, etc.
- Some really big news this week actually. We have officially taken over the website ClosingCall.co. Closing Call is like growthhackers.com or inbound.org, but specifically for sales people.
- I wanted to start something like this about a year and a half ago, but then found ClosingCall and decided not to pursue.
- I reached out to Ryan Gum, who runs Attach.io and was one of the Founders of it to let him know I couldn’t log in with Twitter. He reached back out saying they wanted to hand this over to someone that could do something with it as they couldn’t put in any more effort.
- So we had a call this week and we were in total alignment with our vision and where it could go.
- So basically, the plan is to build this up into a valuable sales community. Our team will be managing it. I can see where we have a Community Manager type role in the future that would oversee this along with social media.
- Terms of the deal were we just need to include the original founders in the About page and include them whenever we reference LeadFuze as well.
- Anyways, the domain and the site are currently being transferred over.
- I’m super excited for this though as I’ve been wanting to get something together like this for awhile.
- This very podcast was actually a factor in Ryan and James feeling comfortable handing the reigns over though. They know I’m transparent and couple that with the similar visions it just made a lot of sense for all parties.
- Finalize a full webinar for LeadFuze. Part of this will be used in the co-promoted webinar with PandaDoc and Close.io, but the overall webinar will be what we put together and start promoting with Facebook ads.
- Some of the onboarding updates I mapped out this past week should be live next week.
- Hoping to get some of the prospecting updates live.
- My daughter’s first birthday party this Sunday. So getting prepped for that.
- Zero to Scale Insiders – join us for just $19/mo!
- The Elements of User Onboarding
- If you’d like to take your entrepreneurial journey to a whole new level, join fellow “scalers” on the inside by joining the Zero to Scale Insiders program. For just $19/mo you get access to Justin and Greg and several other like-minded entrepreneurs who want to help you succeed in your journey!
- Be sure to join our free Facebook group for continuous discussion and let us know your thoughts on today’s podcast.
- We’d love to get a 5 star rating on iTunes from you. We don’t plan on asking for this in the episodes themselves since most people are doing other things when they’re listening, but we’d love if you left one for us. 🙂